Google
Web mendingthenet.blogspot.com
Mending the Net: All the redemption I can offer is beneath this dirty hood

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

All the redemption I can offer is beneath this dirty hood

“You can hide ‘neath your covers and study your pain, make crosses for your lovers and throw roses in the rain, spend your summer praying in vain for a saviour to rise from the streets…"


Oh Mr. Springsteen, what images you paint me. Thunder-Road, what a tune. It's on the Bruce Springsteen album I had playing in the car earlier. No, I don't technically drive. I intensely dislike driving, in fact. It terrifies me. Big time. But my theory test certificate runs out at Christmas and I feel that I should at least attempt my practical test once before then. I first started driving lessons to please my father, now it's to please my fiance. Go figure. Why am I not pursuing it with my whole heart looking to serve God? Maybe that's why I get so scared, I'm not letting Jesus sit beside me.


Oh Jesus, please guide my prayers from my heart to God’s ear. I implore you not to let these months pass by in vain. I know your plan for me is wonderful and I give you my trust entirely. I pray that I can open my eyes truly to better see and travel my path with whatever transport you see fit. Through you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home